Hello, I'm Billy Gilhooley, your dedicated physiotherapist from Specific Physiotherapy, here to share groundbreaking insights into the most recent research on physiotherapy tennis elbow treatment.
If you've been battling persistent elbow pain, you're in for a game-changing read—let's dive into the latest and greatest techniques tailored just for you!
Understanding Tennis Elbow
Tennis elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, is a common challenge for both tennis enthusiasts and those tackling daily tasks. It can affect not only your backhand but also your ability to lift and grip with ease.
The Latest Physiotherapy Tennis Elbow Research Breakthroughs
Tailored Exercise Regimens
Recent studies on tennis elbow emphasise the effectiveness of personalised exercise programs designed to strengthen specific muscle groups. At Specific Physiotherapy, we're incorporating these findings to customise tennis elbow treatment plan based on the unique needs of our patients, ensuring a targeted approach to your recovery.
Here are three specific exercises we have taken from academic literature for a tailored tennis elbow exercise regimen:
1. Wrist Extensor Stretch:
- Extend your affected arm straight in front of you, palm facing down.
- Gently use your opposite hand to bend the wrist, pointing fingers towards the floor.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, feeling a gentle pull along the top of your forearm.
- Repeat 2-3 times on each arm, gradually increasing the duration.
2. Isometric Eccentric Wrist Extension:
- Sit or stand with your affected arm supported on a table, palm down.
- Hold a light weight in your hand (like a can or small weight).
- Lower your wrist against the resistance, emphasising control in the downward motion.
- Hold the lowered position for a few seconds and then use your opposite hand to assist in returning to the starting position.
- Aim for 2-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions, increasing resistance gradually as strength improves.
3. TheraBand Flexbar Twist:
- Hold a TheraBand Flexbar with both hands, arms extended in front.
- Twist the Flexbar to create tension, then slowly and with control, untwist it.
- Feel the resistance in your wrist and forearm during the untwisting motion.
- Complete 2-3 sets of 15-20 repetitions, progressing to a higher resistance Flexbar as strength improves.
Incorporate these exercises into your routine, starting with a pain-free range of motion and gradually progressing in intensity. If you encounter persistent pain or have concerns, consult our physiotherapist for personalised guidance.
Innovative Therapeutic Approaches
At Specific Physiotherapy, we specialise in cutting-edge therapeutic techniques, placing a particular emphasis on manual therapies tailored to your needs. Our expertise extends to precision treatments such as trigger point therapy for the common extensor tendon and joint mobilisation or joint manipulation of the radial head joint.
These specialised manual interventions have demonstrated remarkable efficacy in alleviating pain and fostering the healing process. Our commitment to staying at the forefront of advancements ensures that you receive the highest standard of care for your tennis elbow treatment.
Cutting-edge Rehabilitative Devices
The latest research has paved the way for innovative devices like braces and supports that aid in the rehabilitation process. We're integrating these tools into your treatment plan to accelerate your recovery and provide much-needed relief.
Localised Care in Preston
Living in Preston, we understand the importance of community and local care. That's why, at Specific Physiotherapy, we're dedicated to bringing you the latest in tennis elbow treatment right here in your neighbourhood.
Our approach is not just about treating the symptoms but understanding your lifestyle and goals. Share your experiences and concerns during your sessions, ensuring a holistic and personalised recovery plan.
Visualise Your Recovery
Explore our comprehensive guide enriched with visuals, including diagrams of exercises, therapy tools, and inspiring before-and-after scenarios. Click [here](insert_book_link) to access your roadmap to a pain-free comeback.
Specific Physiotherapy is here to help!
Tennis elbow might be a tough opponent, but with the latest breakthroughs in treatment techniques, you're well on your way to a swift recovery. Trust the experienced hands of the team at Specific Physiotherapy to serve you with the most advanced and personalised care right here in Preston.
Your feedback is our ace! Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below, and don't forget to share this post on social media for friends who might find it beneficial.
Wishing you a pain-free and powerful comeback on and off the court!
Physiotherapist, Specific Physiotherapy, Preston